Monday, October 19, 2009

No flu shots for me... Sunshine instead!

I wanted to share with you all about the benefits of sunshine. I was talking with a friend of mine, who has 2 kids. I ask everyone if they are getting the flu shot or H1N1 vaccine. She said, "Don't you dare take it!" She sent me these articles about the benefits of vitamin D. I'm not sure if the supplements are safe during pregnancy I'll ask my OB, but I've chosen a safer route... Sunshine.
She told me to sit in the sunshine everyday for like 30 minutes, or until your skin gets pink. And that will be your daily dose of vitamin D. It's been chilly here lately, but as soon as I sit for a few minutes I warm up. I slowly expose my skin, making sure I'm warm enough. Not too much, I've got neighbors and I like to be modest at all times. Just as much of my legs as possible, my arms, my tummy, my face and neck. She did that during both of her pregnancies and did not get sick. I even feel better after sunbathing.
Read the articles. They are very interesting. I want to do whatever I can naturally to fight off illnesses. I don't want to turn to vaccines or drugs. I don't trust an untested vaccine the government keeps pushing.

We have to make the best decision for ourselves, but I want to be super educated. I will not get the vaccines, regular flu shot or the H1N1. But that is my choice.
Bring on the sunshine. =)

No comments: